Monday 21 April 2014

More Than This by Patrick Ness


Seth's life has become intolerable, he can no longer live in a world that offers him no hope and decides that by ending his life could possibly give him more than he's already got. However Seth is surprised to learn that he's still alive when he wakes up, only to realise that he's at his former childhood home surrounded by painful memories that have become suppressed deep in Seth's mind. Is this meant to be the afterlife or has Seth woken up in hell he can no longer run from.

I've never read a book like this before, this is definitely one of a kind, especially because of all the different issues it raises upon within the book, suicide, depression, and abuse.

Seth so desperately wants answers in this new world he has awaken to and I for one was shocked as much as he was when he made new discoveries and even some very dissapointing answers.

I cannot go into much detail about this book as I will most likely give most of the plot and the surprise factors away, but what I will say is that if you find the summary interesting than definitely check this book out and give it a go!
________________________________________________________________________________
You can get More Than This online or at your nearest available bookstore.
I brought my copy which I purchased for £4.99 from The Book People.

No comments:

Post a Comment