Saturday 19 April 2014

Lorde

I first stumbled upon Lorde when it popped up on the promotional side of my Tumblr dashboard, by the next day I was hooked on the EP, Love Club.

A few months later passed by and to my surprise Tennis Court and Royals were playing repeatedly on the raido, to what I had thought was my little secret was open to the whole world. However they did not know what I did, as told many a times before the girl behind the voice was actually 16 years old and even wrote the majority of the song on her debut album Pure Heroine. Something that I found so astonishing given her age and that most young artists are given songs to sing, a freedom that many people in the industry so much desire.

Many people have compared Lorde to Lana Del Rey and Florence and The Machine, this is due to the fact that she stated those musicians are the ones who influence her work. Lorde in her own right is an accomplished musician, even if she has only released one album it puts her in the same league as Lana Del Rey.




Website: lorde.co.nz
iTunes: itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/lorde/
Youtube: youtube.com/user/LordeVEVO/
Twitter: twitter.com/lordemusic
Facebook: facebook.com/lordemusic
Instagram: instagram.com/lordemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment