Monday 24 March 2014

Star Struck by Jamie Campbell



A very quick read to pass the time. The band in this story reminded me of One Direction, I don't know why but everything that was said about them made it felt like this is some 1D fan fic!

Melrose spends her time fantasising about her favourite boy band, Two Dimension, along with her best friend Dallas. They plot to become their girlfriends but never seem to get any success, until one day Melrose misses a stalk out session with Dallas to try and locate the band in a nearby hotel. Instead she has to spend her time working her last shift of the week at Burger Nation, while emptying the garbage outside she stumbles upon a mystifying boy hanging around in the alley and begs for her help, which as you guessed she obliged. This guy just so happens to be Cole Newton, from the in demand boy band Two Dimension, with this new found revelation Melrose decides to keep their meeting a secret but just for how long?

I found Melrose quite bland a character and even annoying at times, though I suppose that's because of her background. Dallas was even worse, I wondered why Melrose was even friends with her, Dallas clearly wants to be miss popular!

Like I said before, a very quick read, though don't be surprised if you don't like the characters as there was clearly not enough page time for character development.
________________________________________________________________

You can get Star Struck for free on iBooks.
I own a e-book copy which I got for free at iBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment