Saturday 29 March 2014

Between The Lines by Tammara Webber


Emma lands one the biggest roles yet, an adaptation of Pride and Prejudice set in the present day, she stars as the lead female Lisbeth Bennet but thats not all thats on her mind as she will be starring opposite one of Hollywood's bad boys, Reid Alexander. This could be the breakthrough film that Emma needs to gain recognition from the industry but with two guys pursuing her can she make it through in one piece or will she be left broken hearted.

I really liked the concept of this story because I find it fascinating what actors do in their free time away from set, so it was amusing to find out what they actually get up to while the paparazzi aren't around.

I found Emma's character to be quite conflicting at times because of her inner turmoil over who has her heart the most and I'm glad with the decision she made in the end because I did not like who she was with at all! Her best friend Emily supports her through the ups and downs of the never ending drama that goes on off set which I found believable as best friends will always be there for you even if they did get into a fight about nothing only to make up a week later.

Reid has to be one of my all time hated characters, I absolutely could not stand him and he always got his way, like seriously the record of his pants being kept on was less than a week! Reid has some serious issues he has to work on though obviously they do stem from his parents, but if he were just honest with them just like how Emma was then maybe his attitude might become a bit more bearable.

Graham was a great guy throughout, even though he never fully expressed his feelings until the end I'm glad he just finally told the truth.

I was actually surprised about the revelations of Reid and Graham's past, I did not see that coming at all and I don't think Emma did either!

The conclusion has definitely enticed me to read the rest of the series, even if there was a constant back and forth between some of the characters relationship wise. I look forward to read more about Emma's evolving relationship and how the revelation previously mentioned affects it.

No comments:

Post a Comment