Wednesday 26 March 2014

CHRIS EVANS TO QUIT ACTING

With the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier Variety published an article with Chris Evans, who revealed that he will not be returning to acting after the completion on all the Marvel films that he's contracted to do, but will instead focus on his directing career.
“I’ve known for a while I wanted to direct,” Evans says. “But (time) never really opens up. There’s another movie to do, there’s another acting job. It just got to a point where I was like, you know what — I have to do this.”
“If I’m acting at all, it’s going to be under Marvel contract, or I’m going to be directing,” he says. “I can’t see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I’m contractually obligated to do.”
“Without these movies, I wouldn’t be directing,” he reckons. “They gave me enough overseas recognition to greenlight a movie. And if I’m speaking extremely candidly, it’s going to continue to do that for as long as the Marvel contract runs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment