Monday 2 June 2014

May Book Haul #2


I really thought I wouldn't be purchasing any more books this month but when The Book People kept sending emails to me about their amazing deals I had to check out what was on offer. So from the picture above you'll be able to see what caught my eye!


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
A beautiful and distinguished family.A private island.  
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy. 
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive. 
A revolution. 
An accident. 
A secret. 
Lies upon lies. 
True love. 
The truth.
I initially heard about this book towards the end of 2013 or even they beginning of this year, either way I had wanted to get my hands on this one for such a long time because of the rave reviews. So I'm glad I own a physical copy and I can't wait to see what everyone is talking!


Blood Red Road & Rebel Heart by Moira Young
In a lawless land, where life is cheap and survival is hard, Saba has been brought up in isolated Silverlake. She never sees the dangers of the destructive society outside. When her twin brother is snatched by mysterious black-robed riders, she sets out on an epic quest to rescue him.
I heard a lot of talk about this trilogy on social networking sites this past month, mainly coming from booktuber Raeleen absolutely praising this book. With the release of the third and final book I will wait for it to come down in price so that I can marathon the series without trying to remember what happened in the previous books.


The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness
Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives.
I was first introduced to Patrick Ness by one of April Brooks booktube videos where she highly recommended this trilogy, so I made a mental note to keep this trilogy on my wish list. I can't believe I got the whole set for such a bargain from The Book People with it being £5 in total, so I could not pass this offer up!

No comments:

Post a Comment