Monday 8 September 2014

Crown Of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

So continuing weeks after Throne Of Glass Celaena has been obliging to the Kings requests, we start off where she is in the middle of her third mission. While Celaena's out and about on those missions she still has to come to terms with the fact that she has been tasked and chosen by Queen Elena to diminish this evil that is plaguing the glass castle before it further seeps into the world.

I must say Crown Of Midnight was well written compared to Throne Of Glass Sarah J. Maas definitely toned down the exclamation point department! There were so many twists and turns and yet again more betrayals and hurt for Celaena to deal with, I suppose there comes to a point in her life that she says enough is enough. Celaena awakens the animal within that has suppressed all her rage and seizes to gain control of the situation, only to push and hurt people closest to her.

Again we get to see the point of views from Celaena, Nehemia, Chaol, Dorian, and the King, which is something I love about this series we constantly get to see through the other characters eyes and see how they react to some situations. Whenever it switches between P.O.V I never once mistake who's perspective I'm reading from, which is something that is quite hard to do considering having to write about multiple characters, linking each scene together hoping that it will make sense to the reader.

SHIPS!

Well I think the ultimate Celaena ship was her and Sam but now thats never going to happen, but I'm crazy enough to have a theory that magic could potentially bring him back but I reckon that will be a no go, though you'll never know so I'm just putting it out there for the meantime. The next best ship is Celaena and Chaol, though I'm not sure what the ship name for that is, actually I don't know any ship names but bare with me. The reason I ship Celaena with Chaol is because he reminds me so much of Sam, though I have nothing else to say on that topic. I do have a feeling that Celaena will end up being with Prince Dorian at the end of the series, its just another sneaking suspicion I have.

SPOILERS below...

I know some people were shocked with the end revelation but I happened to see it from a mile off when reading The Assassain's Blade, so Crown Of Midnight confirmed my suspicions. I knew Celaena had a dark mysterious past that she kept hidden within herself which explained why so wanted to experience freedom of a 'normal girl' but what I did not see coming was that she was Fae, I mean I guessed she had some sort of special blood ties within her but reading about her transform that was the ultimate revelation for me. I. Did. Not. See. That. Coming. Which is why I gave it such a high rating over the previous two books.


*****
________________________________________________________________________________
You can get Crown Of Midnight online or at your nearest available bookstore.
I brought my copy from The Book People.

No comments:

Post a Comment