Wednesday 21 May 2014

BIRDY & JAYMES YOUNG - BEST SHOT

With the release of The Fault In Our Stars soundtrack out in the states I have been anticipating the release of one song in particular on the album, which is of course Best Shot by Birdy and Jaymes Young. However I was extremely disappointed when I first listened to it as Birdy drowns out Jaymes' voice so that you can hardly hear him meanwhile Birdy gets all the voice time. I was actually expecting it to be a kind of a depressing song but it turned out to be quite lifting, which is probably why I don't like it as much. As both of those artists are known for having quite heavy emotional songs, not chirpy ones, but I guess there's always time to branch out to different genres. Only time will tell whether I grow to like it, so watch this space for any updates which will probably contradict what I'm saying now.

No comments:

Post a Comment