Friday 15 August 2014

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

I can't believe I managed to finish the entire Vampire Academy series this summer, I wish the series could just keep going but fortunately there is a spin off series (Bloodlines) that will keep my Vampire Academy fix in check. Although I can relive the journey again by reading the graphic novels, I believe the first three in the series are out at the moment, so I will most certainly be getting those soon!

Rose Hathaway antics have got her framed for the death of Queen Tatiana and now she along with her friends have to push the limits to free her from this never ending nightmare. While free Rose must go on a journey along with Dimitri & Sydney, while evading their capture from the most elite guardians, to trace someone who will bring her trial to a stall while gathering evidence that will clear her name.

I really enjoyed Rose's the last outgoing, the pace of the whole book was unbelievably fast considering it's the largest one out of the series! There were so many surprises on Rose's journey however there was only one twist that I knew about, something that I was spoiled upon awhile ago but I can totally see it coming a mile off if I didn't know because it was so strategically placed a few books ago. We also got to see more of other characters, two in particular, Sydney Sage and Sonya Karp, however I won't go into detail on the latter because of spoilers! But yet again we got to witness Sydney in action and also deal with the fact that she has to forcibly spend time with dhampirs.

Even throughout this whole series I was never quite sure who I shipped Rose with, I liked how Rose had a calming affect on Adrian but I think she knew she was never truly with Adrian. Dimitri on the other hand was different because he had an off limits appeal and we know with Rose she always gets what she wants.

The only character I was annoyed with was, believe it or not, Lissa, but thats only when she finds out about a certain someone, and the way she treats them is totally unLissa-like at all.

Again, I still can't believe the series has come to an end and I still wish there was more but our journey through this series has most indefinitely come to an end, however for the characters its only just beginning.

I highly recommend this series to any young adult readers whether you read fantasy or romance this definitely has the best of both worlds.

*****
________________________________________________________________
You can buy Last Sacrifice online or at your nearest available bookstore.
I borrowed my copy from my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment