Friday 24 October 2014

Hexed by Michelle Krys

I first heard about Hexed from Sasha over at abookuptopia on Youtube, the plot really intrigued me as I don't normally read much about witches, and also because the hardcover edition looks gorgeous naked, but unfortunately I have the paperback, so that will do for now!

Indigo Blackwood is your typical teenager living amongst the LA scene, one thing she didn't plan on being was a witch. That was her mothers dream, it was never her intention to live out her mother's wildest fantasies but somehow fate has a funny way of showing itself. Other than finding out about the witch business Indie also has the trouble of the Priary members, sorcerers Frederick and Leo, who are after the Bible, something that has been kept in her family for generations, something that she must protect at all costs. But when the inevitable happens Indie along with her friend Paige, and some other witches she's met along the way, Indie plans to regain ownership of her family heirloom before the Priary uses it for deadly intent against the witch community.

Indie is a pretty likeable and very much relatable character to many teenage girls, I really liked her sassy thoughts and comebacks about her best friend, Bianca, who believe it or not is miss queen bee at their high school. The fact that its set in LA is a location that hasn't been featured or written about in many young adult books, although there is the upcoming The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare, so it was interesting learning about the scenery. Indie's mom and next door neighbour, Paige, were very quirky characters in their own right, who both influenced Indie's final decisions in various scenarios. Of course there always has to be that one male character who is sarcastic, broody, and mysterious, which sums up stranger Bishop. However I did not like the insta-love, I really wish it would of developed gradually within a few months, not a week or two!

I found myself flying through the pages because this certainly was a fast paced book and I definitely would of liked a few more scenes here and there just to lengthen out the story. Hexed is pretty predictable however there was only one thing I didn't see coming but I won't mention that because that is pretty much a giant spoiler!

I definitely recommend Hexed to the readers of The Mortal Instruments and Angelfall.

****
______________________________________________________________________________
You can get Hexed online or at your nearest available bookstore.
I brought my copy from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment